Go Zorbing !
Human Hamster Zorbing
Zorb balls were created is 1994 by Dwane van der Sluis and Andrew Askers in Auckland, New Zealand. After creation, the two embarked on commercializing the activities these zorb balls could be used for, such as zorbing where a player bounces down a sloppy area while inside an inflatable ball.
Zorbing is a unique and novel way of having fun with your friends, family, or group of strangers. The word ‘zorbing’ is a portmanteau of the words’ zoo’ and ‘rolling.’ It is a form of extreme sport where people roll down hills inside a giant inflatable ball called a Zorb. You might have seen people zorbing at parties and other events. If you have not yet heard about this, you should know that it is fun. We live in a world where everyone is always on the go. In this fast-paced and ever-changing society, many people want to find ways to slow down, reflect, and have fun with friends and family. Zorbing is the perfect solution because the activity is good for the soul. It is elegant in its simplicity, and there are no complicated rules, no highly skilled participants, and no protective gear. Anyone can do it. It is the ultimate low-key activity that can occur at any time, at any location, and with almost no setup required.
These are essentially inflatable balls that users get inside of and roll down a hill. This is referred to as Zorbing, a sport that has been embraced all over the world. It has gone on to be among the best leisure time sports anyone from children to adults can play. You can buy Zorb balls for personal or commercial use. For commercial, you will have to buy all equipment ranging from the balls, accessories, spare parts and if possible artificial playing grounds. With these, you will be able to sell or rent out zorbing services and products to the community. Zorb balls can color up functions, events, parties, and celebrations.
These balls are very common in tourists’ centers, amusement parks, camping sites, mountain resorts, skiing parks, sports centers, and events. This is because they can be played by both children and adults.
What are the characteristics of zorbing?
(a)You will need an inflatable ball to do this activity. (b)You will need a hill or a sloped area with a gentle slope to launch the ball down. The smaller the hill or slope, the better. Ideally, you will have a spot with a gradient between one to four percent. (c) You will need a strong group of friends or a large family to enjoy this activity with.
How to Play Zorbing?
(a) Choose two people to be the ‘campers.’ The campers will wear the zorbing gear and be in charge of keeping the ball inflated. (b) The other group members will be known as ‘rovers.’ The game’s object for the ruffians is to get the zorb into the hands of the campers by bouncing the ball on the ground and into theirs. (c) The campers will need to run and move quickly to escape the chasing ruffians. The ruffians will be on a timer to inflate the ball and get it into the hands of the campers. If the ball is not successfully caught by the end of the timer, the game ends in a tie.
What is the difference between TPU and PVC zorb balls?
Zorb balls are so outstanding and versatile on various fields, floors and surfaces because of the nature and properties of their plastic. They are made of thermoplastic materials namely TPU and PVC, which have a lot of common and similar properties. However, TPU (Thermoplastic Urethane) balls are more expensive than PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) balls. Below are the main advantages of TPU;
- Has a high load-bearing capacity in both tension and compression. This implies that it can totally change in shape under a heavy load, and afterward regain its original shape with little or no compression on removing the load.
- It possesses high tear resistance along with high tensile strength.
- It’s resistant to water, oil, and grease; as its material will remain stable with minimal or no swellings in these substances.
- It has good electrical insulating properties.
- It has a wide resilience range due to its hardness and shock absorbing functions.
- It’s resistant to temperature extremes including harsh environments.
- TPU bonds to a wide range of materials like other plastics, metals, and wood. This is what makes it ideal for rollers, inserts, and wheels. An example could be its bondage with the harnesses in some zorb balls.
- TPU easily blends with various color pigments during the manufacturing process. This has been very instrumental in customizing zorb balls into specific colors as requested by customers or players. Furthermore, the color doesn’t interfere with the transparent properties of the ball.
Zorbing is extremely easy to do, and it can be a lot of fun. If you are looking for something different to do or need an activity for a party or group gathering, zorbing ball is a great choice.